Author Topic: Employee Shedules and extra time  (Read 3593 times)

batespipes

Employee Shedules and extra time
« on: February 08, 2012, 01:38:41 am »
I am having some difficulty as i am new to this system, i have place all of our employees into schedules and put in their 8hour time block, if they start before this schedule it places their hours into extra time but doesnt calculate it into overtime, the only overtime allocation is when they work past their schedule.
Is there a way that you can get the extra time to be calculated as overtime, but keep their schedules as is?
If i disable the Auto process it gives me a total of hours they worked per day but doesnt seperate normal time from overtime, which is a pain is there an easy solution to my problem?????????????????????????

Rob de Jager

• Administrator
Re: Employee Shedules and extra time
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 03:01:28 am »
Go to the Processing Menu, Global Settings (Adv), on the general tab, set the Extra Category to Overtime and click on save. This will now allocate all extra time hours to overtime, instead of extra time.

Regards

batespipes

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:29:19 am »
Thanks i have done that. Can you tell me what will happen if i dont have Employee Schedules? Will it just calculate the hours as a whole and not seperate the overtime?
I am just curious  as now the extra time is calculated into overtime, what happens if they leave before their employee schedule time finishes does it recalculate so that the extra time allocated to overtime goes back to normal time.

Sorry for the long info but i am only these couple of steps away from having it all nutted out.

Rob de Jager

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:45:50 am »
If an employee has no schedule, then all time worked is put into normal time. If you only set the Expected Hours in the employee schedule (no start and end times), then all time worked more than this amount will be placed allocated to overtime.

Here are some tutorials which might help you as well: http://www.cstimeclocks.com/videos.htm#Processing.

Regards